Russ Clifford, PT/Owner
Russ obtained his physical therapy degree in 1996 from the pioneering and APTA accredited Hogeschool van Amsterdam. After building a solid foundation of outpatient treatment experience in Florida, Russ accepted the position of Clinical Director at Physical Evaluation Systems, a rehabilitation company in the United Kingdom, overseeing 10 national clinics, specializing in functional capacity evaluations and work-related injuries. His next move was to Miami, Florida, again in the position of Clinical Director before relocating back to the Tampa Bay Area in 2002. Since this time, Russ played a pivotal role in the development of a clinically based Functional Capacity Evaluations (CFCE), for the Sports and Orthopedic Rehabilitation Team. Russ has continued to further his extensive outpatient treatment experience, with particular interest in evidence-based practice.
A graduate of Florida State University and a talented athlete, Russ won state and regional water ski championships and was a nationally ranked competitor. He worked as a head collegiate coach at Eckerd College for a decade before a change of career led him to his chosen profession of physical therapy. During his free time he continues to lead an active lifestyle as a competitive cyclist, who also enjoys golf, snow boarding and spending time with his wife Helen also a physical therapist.
AllCare Physical Therapy and Fitness one of the premier physical therapy clinics in the Tampa Bay Area. Listed below are a few attrributes that we feel help set us apart.
- Coaching/competitive background provides understanding of the injured athlete's needs.
- Treating and testing work related injuries has provided both experience and knowledge to assess and properly manage safe and timely return to work.
- Honed treating skills through multi-disciplinary working environments.
- Developed an understnading of treatment efficiency and case management through administrative/training background.
- Extensive experience treating geriatric balance and neurological issues.
- As Tampa Bay's only certified ASTYM providers we have had great success treating pain and functional deficits related to difficult soft/scar tissue dysfunctions such as: epicondylitits and plantar fasciitis
- Gold Certified BikePT provider specializing in cycling related injuries and onsite bike fittings.